300 DPI Default

With 300 dpi being set in settings. Stll Photo AI only outputs at 72 dpi. I require 300 dpi for Publication

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3

Topaz Photo AI [3.0.4] on [Mac]

This is a miss assumption. The image is fully digital, has no physical size and therefore no physical pixel density unless you make an output to a physical device; in this case: your monitor or printer. The image itself consists of just pixels. In this case the dpi/ppi told in the meta data are meaningless!

Thanks helpful reply. As the printer/publisher computer reads the Meta Data and if I change 300 in PS the file is huge. So, How can I do the 300 dpi thing without creating a larger file size? Thanks
All the Best

To set your image meta data to 300 DPI without increasing the file size, follow these steps in Photoshop:

1. Open your image in Photoshop.
  2. Go to Image > Image Size.
  3. Uncheck the box that says Resample. This ensures that the pixel dimensions stay the same, and only the DPI value changes.
  4. Set the resolution to 300 DPI. Since Resample is unchecked, this will only change the DPI value in the metadata without altering the pixel count or file size.
  5. Save your image.

By doing this, you change the DPI metadata to 300 without affecting the actual pixel dimensions or increasing the file size. This should be sufficient for the printer or publisher that requires meta data of 300 DPI. I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks so much for sharing. Very Much Appreciated.