1.3.2-1.3.3 Cropping Does Not Work

So disappointed. Also with Update 1.3.3, Cropping of output dng file is way off what the preview shows. Have to go back to version 1.3.1, again.

Hardware MacBook Pro with M1 chip.
Usage: Topaz Stand Alone (not as plugin).

Please resolve this, or at least give a time line when this is solved.

Best regards,

Thomas

1 Like

On the topic of cropping in general; there doesn’t seem to be an option of cropping and straightening. What is the point of having a crop tool if one can’t also do this? If there is the option to do this could someone please explain how you can do this please? Thank you.

Same here, also M1 Max. Cropping and especially also gigapixeling results in a crop being transferred to LrC that has nothing to do with the actual crop made.

Have the same problem with cropping in the 1.3.3 update using Windows in both Stand Alone and Lightroom Plugin. No matter where I crop in the preview, it always gives the top left corner of the original image.

I am using my iMac. When I send the raw photo from LRC to the plugin and crop it, the file returns to LRC with the wrong part of the photo in the crop.

@Benjamin @morusth @frank.topel @robert.mckee @wcaswell44
This crop issue is fixed in the update releasing today. Please update to v1.3.4 and it should be working as expected again. We found it the day after and added a fix.

We were working on straightening but there was an obstacle that prevented us implementing it. This will be one of the goals next quarter.

THANK you. So far, the cropping issue seems to be resolved in v.1.3.4.

Thank you for the prompt reply, I can wait! :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

When I crop now I see no change in the preview image when I press the apply button and no change in the resolution of the image and no change when I return to lightroom. So, looks like it NOT cropping in photo AI 1.3.2
Lightroom 12.3

Hi @magicMike, this is the Ideas thread for Topaz Photo AI – please check this post on our Bugs and Issues forum;

1.3.2 Cropping Does Not Work

since latest update the crop hasn’t been working
also when will we be able to keep the Lightroom settings the the plug in

Have you searched the forum to see where your problem fits?

Hi Tom,

Please see the thread below;

1 Like

I understand that in version 1.3.2 that the Crop feature is in Public beta test. When trying to use it, the cropping feature seems to work, but the photo is not cropped after hitting “Apply”. Is this part of the beta test?

No it’s not a public beta test. Works fine as a standalone or from Capture One etc.

What problems are you actually having? And please provide ALL information necessary to assist you.

I have encountered a similar problem with release 1.3.2. When I try to use the crop feature when using the plugin from Lightroom Classic, it doesn’t actually crop. When I try to use the crop feature from the standalone version it crops in the wrong place (ie the output file is a crop in from some other part of the image, not where I specified.

BTW, I agree the crop is not in beta. I have been using it successfully in previous releases, though i can’t say if 1.3.1 worked ok, because i did the update from 1.3.0 to 1.3.2 in one go – ie both updates together.

2 Likes

Hi @simon.bastin, @2102409615.dn94, please see the below thread :slight_smile:

Version 1.3.2, crop does not work at all. All cropping done inside the tool is immediately lost when you press “done”.