1.3.10 bright rectangle on processed photo

[Please describe your issue here. Try to include logs (Help → Logging) and add screenshots if necessary.]

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]
win10 22H2
Topaz AI 1.3.10
Nvidia 3070Ti latest version driver
Nikon D500

1. LrC (latest version) via plugin extras
  2. when returned to LrC with sharpening enabled, there is rectangle area in the center of the image that is brighter
  3. with sharpen not enabled - no issue
  4. no issue when “edit in” is used and TIFF returned
  5. no issue with 1.3.9 or earlier
  6. uninstalled and re-installed no difference
  7. update: it appears to be related to the part of the image that is displayed in Photo AI. That is the brighter area is what is displayed in Photo AI. If I display the whole image, the whole image is brighter.
  8. update: same when app is used as a stand alone

2023-06-22-19-44-36.tzlog (12.6 KB)

I am experiencing the same problem and have reverted back to previous version

where did you get the previous version?

[Please describe your issue here. Try to include logs (Help → Logging) and add screenshots if necessary.]

1. Step 1 Drag and drop files onto Topaz AI’s icon in the dock.
  2. Process automatically in Topaz Photo AI
  3. Save files. These are files for subsequent HDR processing and are at one stop exposure different. The last image saved gets a bright rectangle in portrait orientation inserted into the middle of the .DNG fille.

Topaz Photo AI [v1.3.10] on [Mac]

It sounds as if this is something that others are reporting. You need to send you original file to Support via Dropbox so they can take. look at it.
https://www.dropbox.com/request/omTTisNIIfxFDX0eYnyL

I got it on a similar file! I am reporting it on the main v1.3.10 thread.
I had already processed this image with an earlier version of TPAI without the artefact.

In Lightroom, I choose the plugin option: Process with Topaz Photo AI

1. In Lightroom, I choose the plugin option “Process with Topaz Photo AI”
  2. In Topaz Photo AI I just use the Autopilot option but in the Sharpen part I disable “Subject Only”
  3. I choose “Save to Adobe Lightroom Classic Plug-In”
  4. In Adobe Lightroom the image looks very strange. The part that was visible on the screen in Topaz Photo AI in very light! See the Image

Topaz Photo AI [v1.3.10] on Windows

This will be fixed in 1.3.11 which should be releasing soon.

1 Like

1.3.11 has been released – please update your copy of Topaz Photo AI to this version to fix this behavior.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.